The American School of Tangier (AST) is an independent, coeducational day school that offers an educational program from kindergarten 1 through grade 12 for students of all nationalities. The school was founded in 1950. The school year consists of two semesters extending from September to January, and from January to June. The school is celebrating its 72nd year as the oldest American and international school in North Africa.
The Mission of the American School of Tangier is to equip our students with the tools and knowledge to become successful global citizens in a creative community environment.
- An American style education with a thorough grounding in the liberal arts, sciences, and technology
- Highly competitive preparation for university acceptance around the world, especially American universities
- A commitment to lifelong personal development
- Professional faculty dedicated to providing the best practices in instruction, research, and understanding
- Community leadership that inspires responsibility, open-mindedness, empathy, and resilience